Program: International Visegrad Fund
Lead partner: Kysuce Chess School
- EGTC TRITIA
- TJ Sokol Mosty u Jablunkova
- PIONIER pupils’ sports club Jastrzębie Zdrój
- RODŁO pupils’ sports club Opole
- TJ Slávia Caissa Čadca
- Barcza Gedeon Sports Club Egyesűlet
Total: 7 200,- €
Project description: Popularisation of chess as an educational activity that develops the mind and personality of young people in joint play with the older generation. Joint activities between juniors and seniors can contribute to bridging differences, overcoming social segregation; fostering greater understanding and respect between generations; contributing to the development of individual skills and abilities; and building more inclusive societies. The solution is to create chess kids – tournaments for seniors with young and older chess players as a tool to promote the sport to young people in the Visegrad Four countries.
- Mixed teams chess tournament Mosty u Jablunkova, CZ
- Mixed teams chess tournament and chess camp Čadca, SK
- Mixed Team Chess Tournament, Jastrzębie Zdrój, PL
The project is co-financed by the Governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.